Friday 22 December 2023

2023 - My quilting year in review

Well, it's almost the end of 2023 and it's time to look back at what I've achieved this year.  

My biggest achievement this year was my 5 week trip to Europe.  I loved every moment of it, but it did mean that I didn't make as many quilts as usual.  

That's OK because my goals for 2023 were to:

  • finish what I'd already started
  • use what I already had
I think I did quite well on both of those goals. Here's what I made in 2023.










Four of these quilts were started prior to 2023 so they fit the goal of finishing what I had already started.  

The three new quilts were all made from fabrics that I already had on hand so they meet my other goal of using what I already had. 

I can't promise I'll be so frugal in 2024!

I also finished three more quilt tops in 2023 and I will show them again when they are finished in 2024.  They are Licorice Allsorts, Don't Leaf Me and a mystery one. 

Licorice Allsorts - pattern by Wendy Williams



Don't Leaf Me - pattern by Wendy Williams





My Summer in Tekapo bags were also an important part of 2023.

It feels funny to be signing off without opening the Peacock Party, but as I said last week, I've decided to retire the Peacock Party of five years of hosting.  Thank you for all your kind messages and understanding. 

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year too.  I'll be back in January. 





8 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Wow, a very productive year with so many beautiful and colourful finishes. DON'T LEAF ME is a stunner!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Thank you for all your years of holding Peacock Party. Your quilty accomplishments in 2023 are wonderful. I love the bags! You have some beautiful quilts to start off 2024, happy stitching!

Georgia said...

Wendy, I so enjoy seeing the beautiful quilts and projects that you craft throughout the year. You are so talented. I look forward to seeing what you make in 2024.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

You have reminded me to do an end of the year post of what was done. you have made many lovely quilts and love those bags too. Merry Christmas

PaintedThread said...

Lots of good finishes. Those bags are amazing!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Oh my, lots of wonderful finishes Wendy! And, thanks for hosting over the last few years, it's been lovely to have a Kiwi linkup party each weekend. Merry Christmas to you & yours.

Janice said...

Thanks for hosting the Peacock Party. I enjoyed having an accepting space to share my blogposts. I had trouble commenting on others' posts but really liked seeing what was going on all over the Quilty world.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Beautiful, beautiful finishes, Wendy!!! Thanks for all your dedication hosting the weekly Peacock Party! I will miss it, though I do understand. Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!!!