Friday 24 November 2023

Spooky Darlings

It may be Thanksgiving where you live, but I've just finished my Halloween quilt!  I've called it "Spooky Darlings" after the fabric range that I used.  



The design is very simple 60 degree triangles, but what makes it special is all the hand quilted spider webs and the quirky fabrics.  I used a stencil to mark the spider webs and hand quilted in three different shades of grey Aurifil 12wt. 







I only had a fat eighth bundle to play with so I made the biggest triangles that I could and combined them in alternating dark and light rows.   




The selvedges on these Ruby Star Society fabrics are so cute and too pretty to throw away so I included as many as I could on the back. 





Finished size is 48" x 66" so it will be good as a throw quilt for winter evenings or on a single bed.  



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Your spider web quilting is magic!!