Friday 28 April 2023

Dear John....

According to Wikipedia, a Dear John letter is a letter written to a man by his wife or romantic partner to inform him that their relationship is over.  



I've called this quilt Dear John because my relationship with the Dear Jen pattern is over.  Although the fully finished quilt looks beautiful, (see below) I just don't have the energy or dedication to make all the templates required and then hand piece all the blocks.    

link to the pattern at Amitie Textiles

So I've turned my blocks into a cute wall hanging, table mat, sampler quilt.  

Next weekend I'm going to Dunedin for a cross stitch retreat.  So I'm going to take this quilt with me and let my friends at Stitch Witches display it in their shop.  I always think it's nice to see finished quilts on the walls at quilt shops I visit, so I'll help them out and lend them one of mine. 


The finished quilt is 30" x 30". There's more photos here in my previous post

the back with cute Tula Pink fabric


The binding - it's gold, but works really well with the orange narrow border and floral border print



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

I can make a lot of Dear John quilts, if I want to... such a great idea Wendy! Have fun on your cross stitch gathering!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I understand completely, when I've had enough, I'm done and that is how you are with this quilt. She looks lovely though as a small quilt, finished is better than sitting in a drawer. Have a wonderful time at the cross stitch retreat!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Do I ever love coming here to visit you Wendy! Always such beautiful quilts and fabrics to ogle. John is so beautiful as is and surrounded by that beautiful border. Enjoy your cross stitching retreat!

Quilting Gail said...

You made me giggle this morning!!!
Dear John looks great!

Quilting Gail

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Wendy, it's still a pretty quilt. We can't do them all, especially handmade ones. I sometimes make table runners or something smaller as they are quicker and easier and will get finished. I cannot quilt large quilts as it stresses my shoulders, so they have to be smaller. Or I let a longarm quilter quilt the big ones.

Kris said...

I get what you mean. I love the Jen quilt but your quick version is cool. Sometimes you do what you can do!