Friday 17 November 2023

Pretty in Pink

Here's my latest finish - Pretty in Pink. As I said last week, I had to rescue my Tilda fabrics from a plan gone wrong.  There's little snippets of Tilda in this quilt, but they seem to have been over taken by Tula Pink!





I enjoy watching Tula Pink's videos each week on Instagram (or Facebook) and she often talks about how all of her collections are designed to work together.  I've used fabrics from three of her collections here and they really do all work together.

The Lazy Stripe pink sashing and Dragonfly border are both from Moon Garden.  

The bright green border is Tower 7 from Zuma, and the Tent Strip Karma binding is from True Colours.  



I've called it Pretty in Pink because it is pretty and it is pink.  I loved the movie Pretty in Pink when it came out in 1986.  The lives of American teenagers looked so much more exciting than our ordinary lives here in New Zealand.  We walked to school every day in our school uniforms while American teenagers whizzed around in cars and wore mufti every day!

I especially love the main song from the movie - "If You Leave" by Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark.  Here it is to save you looking it up. Enjoy a blast from the past. 



I had this quilt machine quilted at Busy Bee Quilt Shop in Wellington.  The pattern is "Maze e2e a" from Sharon Perry of House of Creations.

The pinwheel blocks at 10" finished and the finished size of the quilt is 60" x 70".



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

It really is pretty! That song by OMD is one of my favourites. Thanks so much for hosting!

-Soma

mangozz said...

Don't be too jealous of American teenagers as not everyone had fancy cars and clothes, definitely not me or my friends either. I walked almost a mile each way because we lived just under the limit to ride the bus. I never had the latest fashions in clothes either. No doubt, there are many around the country with an enviable lifestyle and more so as time goes by. But in films everything is exaggerated and it's actually only a movie.

Mystic Quilter said...

Mixing designer fabrics is always exciting, I love this quilt.