Friday 1 December 2023

Peppermint Purple 2023 SAL

The Peppermint Purple 2023 stitch along finished on Wednesday and I can now show you what I've been working on all year.  







I love how the outside border is the inverse of the inside border - clever.


Clare from Peppermint Purple has been running mystery stitch alongs for a few years now and she's really perfected the art of running a very well organised programme.  

She releases one little black work design each week and people stitch along at their own pace with their own fabric and thread choices.  It usually only takes about an hour to stitch that week's filler pattern. 

The best bit is that there are so many variations amongst the finished pieces because Clare also releases about 20 different layout designs.  A few are free, but the best ones are the ones you pay a few dollars for and they really are worth it.  

The 2023 stitch along is finished now, but the 2024 version is open already.  It costs nothing to join, and just a few dollars to buy the different layouts.  There's a lot of support in the Facebook group for people who are uncertain about their colours, or are just interested in what everyone else is doing. 


I used hand dyed linen from Cath at Country Stitch in New Zealand and one strand of some variegated DMC that I had left over from something else.  

I've really enjoyed this stitch along and am very pleased to say that I both started AND finished something in 2023! And I'm going to get it framed in the new year.  




Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Free free to link up a recent blog post below. 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow - that is a true work of art! I love the colour.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Peppermint Purple is beautiful! I've never done any counted cross stitching but I think it's all lovely!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that stitching sure is a lot of close up work - those stitches look so tiny like work my daughter has

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That's a whole lot of beautiful stitches, Wendy! Love the shades of colours.

PaintedThread said...

So many patterns and little stitches! What a lovely finish.

Quilting Gail said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!
Such variety!!!
It'll look fantastic framed and hanging!

quilting gail

Heather said...

Your work is stunning.