Friday 30 June 2023

30 June 2023 check in

Wow! We're half way through the year already.  And that means that it's time to check in on my goals for 2023.  


This year, in a departure from previous years, I didn't write a list of quilts I wanted to make.

Instead my goals were:

  • to finish what I've already started
  • to use what I already have

So it's time to see how that's worked out so far. 

Hand Quilted Sampler - started in 2018 and finally finished in 2023




Dear John - I admitted defeat on the Dear Jen quilt a long and turned my blocks into a mini quilt. 




Baby quilt for a family member - a pretty quilt all made from my stash. 



Club Tropicana for a family member - all made from my stash



Good Fortune - started in 2018 and finally finished in 2023



Licorice Allsorts top is finished, basted, and ready for hand quilting. This was a Block of the Month from Material Obsession and was designed by Wendy Williams. 



My train case took far longer than it should have, but it's finished, and I'm proud of it. I might even take it on a train when I head away on holiday soon. 



So that's five quilts finished in the first half of 2023.  That's pretty good progress for me.  I have started another two quilts in 2023, but they're just waiting for more inspiration at the moment.  

Oh! I received so many comments about mystery quilts on my last blog post.  I should have listened to all the voices of experience, but I think it's possibly something you have learn the hard way. You might think it's going to be fun, but it turns in to hard work when the quilt deviates down a path you weren't expecting. 



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.  







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

I am also trying to finish up some long time projects. You are doing great on getting things done. I really like your take on the good fortune quilt. I did that one and it took me a year and a half to finish it.

Gretchen Weaver said...

You'v made and finished some lovely quilts this year. Now you can start something guiltfree or are there more UGQ's lurking in a drawer or closet? Happy stitching!

Denice Barker said...

Doesn't it feel good to have all of those projects from the past finished!
They are, of course, all beautiful and I'm jealous of your productivity. I have only myself to blame for not being more productive.

dq said...

I absolutely LOVE your train case! I have the pattern for one but haven't tried it yet. Mine is ByAnnie and hers can take some time.

Mystic Quilter said...

A stunning collection for the first six months of year - a post full of colour, perfect! Looking forward to seeing your next six months round up.

CathyC said...

I don't comment very often, but I love reading your blog.
I just had to say, I LOVE the licorice allsorts quilt!
Well done on your finishes! looking forward to seeing more (who knows, it may inspire me to get back into the sewing room!)