Friday 30 October 2020

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween.  I hope my gingerbread Haunted House makes you smile. 



It's 8pm on Friday 30 October here, so it's Halloween tomorrow and it's time to bring out my Gingerbread Haunted House again.  

This Gingerbread Haunted House was designed by Thea Dueck of The Victoria Sampler in Canada.  Here's a link to the pattern here.  




I've made most of Thea's Gingerbread Village, and I've got a full page on my blog detailing all my tips and tricks (click here or click on the tab at the top of the page).  The patterns give great instructions for assembly, but it's always useful to hear from someone who has done it themselves, so pop over and read my tips if you're considering making your own Haunted House.  


I always buy the accessories kits when I buy Thea's patterns.  The little buttons that she sources are just so cute, and I know I will never find them in my local shops.  The accessories kits also include all the beautiful silk threads - in just enough quantities to stitch the houses.  


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  What have you been up to lately? Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute house! Happy Halloween ;-)

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your Gingerbread house is so cute! The buttons/accessories are what make it so interesting. Have a lovely weekend and of course, happy stitching!

Janice Smith said...

Oh, my goodness, your gingerbread house is beyond wonderful!!! :-()

Jenny said...

Another wonderful house Wendy. Such a lot of work in constructing these beauties, and you do it so well!

Marly said...

I love your house Wendy, just like the rest of your village. I don't know where you find the time to do so much sewing, not just embroidery but hand piecing and quilting too. And all perfect!

Celine said...

Your Halloween house is phenomenal!

Andree G. Faubert said...

What a great Hallowe'en project. Your house is really stunning!