Sunday 4 October 2020

I won prizes!

I'm just writing this very brief blog post to let you know that won some awards at the Capital Quilters show this weekend.


First up is my "Glitter in Green" quilt - it won Best Hand Pieced quilt.  I was thrilled because I do love this quilt.  I'll do a proper blog post soon with ALL the details, but suffice to say it's a wonderful pattern by Jen Kingwell.


Next is my "We Built This City" quilt and it won a Merit in the Build It Up challenge, and also the Joanne Johnson Colour Award.  This quilt was made with some of the blocks from the Marshal Mystery Quilt designed by Jen Kingwell. 

I met so many lovely quilters in both Taupo and Wellington this weekend.  Thank you for supporting our quilt shows.  And for those in countries who still have restrictions - we certainly do appreciate how lucky we are.  

Strangely that reminds me of this famous NZ song 


How many famous faces can you spot in the video?  


I'll be back with more photos soon, but I'm off to Auckland tomorrow morning, so I have to go and pack again now.  


Thanks everyone. 


13 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

congratulations wendy...well deserved...i had sort of passed by the glitter pattern until i saw yours and i see it's all about color placement...well done!

momto1 said...

Congratulations, Wendy! Well-deserved awards, too. Your work is always beautiful. Thank you also for the video!

Turid said...

Oh Wendy, both quilts are wonderful. But as a hexie girl I just love the last one. Congratulations!

PymaGirl said...

What outstanding quilts...well deserved prizes. I live in the United States and loved the song! Thanks for sharing.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Congratulations Wendy! It doesn't surprise me you won as your quilts are always perfection!

Carol K said...

Congratulations! from Kansas, USA. Both quilts are beautiful. I enjoy following your blog. Carol K

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Congratulations on two wonderful wins. Such great quilts and worthy of those ribbons. Love the video (and the guy reading the newspaper during the song).

Barbara said...

Congratulations on your win! I just live your green glitter quilt. Look forward to reading more about it. I have the book but will I ever get around to it?

Andree G. Faubert said...

Congratulations Wendy!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Congratulations on those awards! I'm looking forward to a more detailed report. You need to do that for those of us who have everything cancelled. Have a fun time at the next show!

Julie Fukuda said...

Congratulations on your quilt ... well done and well won.
How lucky you are to have a real quilt show. even those for next year here have been cancelled.

Jenny said...

Many congratulations on your awards, such a thrill for you. I certainly remember the lovely Joanne Johnson and took several classes with her, many years ago now.

JanineMarie said...

Congratulations!! And I’ll also celebrate with you your ability to be out and about!