Friday 16 October 2020

Aotearoa Quilters Aqua Challenge

The Aotearoa Quilters Aqua quilts were on display at the Taupo Exhibition. 

I always enjoy studying how different quilters interpret the theme.  I didn't enter this time, but the next colour is Lime, and I'm definitely going to enter that one.  

Here are some photos from the exhibition.  

The winners

First Place went to Fyvie Murray








These quilts will be travelling around New Zealand, so if they come to a venue near you, please do go and look at them.  There's so much detail packed into a very small space - 12" wide x 16" high.

There's a full gallery on the Aotearoa Quilters website here. but they're so much better in real life. 

Thank you for all your kind messages on my previous two posts.  It really was a thrill to have my quilts recognised and to win prizes.  Some of you are no reply bloggers so I couldn't email you back, but I've read all the comments thank you.

Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

My favorite aqua was the flying birds. You'll come u with a lovely quilt for next year. Thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

Wow! I think my fav is the one with the Lilies of the Valley but it really is difficult to pick a fav. Such creativity!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that eye! so real looking

Susan said...

Wow! Those are lovely quilts - such a great display creativity.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing them Wendy. It's the closet I have been to a quilt show in more than a 1 1/2 years.

Marly said...

Thank you for sharing the photos of these wonderful quilts. There is so much inspiration here.

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm so glad you got to attend a real quilt show, and see so many lovely and inspiring quilts. This challenge is fantastic! But better than those quilts is seeing your wins. Congratulations, and well done!

cityquilter grace said...

so many gorgeous ones difficult to choose...thanks for the mini show!