Friday 27 October 2023

Halloween 2023

Well, it's that time of the year again.  Halloween is still viewed as an American tradition in this part of the world, but more and more people are getting in to trick or treating each year.  

My Spooky Darlings quilt won't be finished for this Halloween, but it is progressing well. 

I live on a street that is well known for Halloween because it's wide and straight and a safe place for kids to trick or treat.  It's Spring in the southern hemisphere and it doesn't get dark here until after 8pm at the moment, but the kids can't wait that long so they start about 5pm. 




I need to get my Haunted House out again and enjoy looking at it before it's time to get out the Christmas decorations.  Help!!!

It's been a while since I've shown my Haunted House so if you're after more information you can find all my notes about the Victoria Sampler Gingerbread Village on the Gingerbread Village tab here on my blog.  And more specific information about the Haunted House here.  






Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.






 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I like that hexagon table runner, Wendy! You make the best things!!!

Vicki in MN said...

Your haunted house is so adorable! Thank you for posting it as I hadn't seen it before.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your halloween house. I live in the country so I don't get kids trick or treating out here but you see kids in town doing that. They started a new thing some years ago that people consider safer that is called "trunk or treat" and in church parking lots or other places groups of car park with the trunks open and the people hand out the treats from there and kids and their parents wander car to car letting the kids get their treats and a lot are in costumes

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your hand quilting on My Spooky Darlings is just perfect!!! Interesting how you live on a popular trick or treat street! I'd like to know how many trick or treaters you get. We're on a cul de sac and only get around 20. We lived in THE trick or treat neighborhood in Tokyo and would get 600 trick or treaters there!

Mystic Quilter said...

There's always next year for the quilt to be finished. Haunted House is magic, you must have endless patience Wendy.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your Spooky Darlings is amazing!! I LOVE that quilting on it!!!
Have fun with the Trick or Treaters!!