Friday 13 October 2023

My Small World

People say that New Zealand is a very small place.  They don't just mean the size of the land mass, but the fact that everyone seems to know everyone else.  We didn't all marry our cousins, but the "six degrees of separation" rule is more like three or four degrees of separation here.  We can usually find a connection in common with fellow New Zealanders.  



I'm off to teach some classes in Tauranga this weekend and I'll be interested to see how many connections are made over the weekend.  

I'm taking My Small World quilt along with me because it's a good illustration of both wool felt applique and hand quilting.  I did enjoy making his quilt.  There are so many different elements within it.  Maybe I should make a 2024 version next year. 






My Small World is designed by Jen Kingwell and is available from Amitie Textiles here.  

Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that colorful quilt it is so striking

Ali Honey said...

Hi Wendy,
I hope you have a pleasant weekend in Tauranga. Our ladies will look after you I'm sure. I won't be there but do belong to that group.( and read your blog all the time. )
The weather looks a bit dull at the moment. Enjoy. ( maybe post some photos of my friends at work with you )
Cheers Ali.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Small World quilt is just fabulous, Wendy! I hope you have a great time with your students in Tauranga this weekend!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

You have a very colorful world!!! Love that you combined cotton and wool, too!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

I love your My Small World, so bright and cheerful and I do hope you make another version next year. Enjoy your visit to Tauranga.