Friday 20 October 2023

Tauranga visit

Well, I went to Tauranga and it is a small world because I met my friend Helen who I first met 10 years ago when our kids were at school together in Wellington. 

I had a great weekend in sunny, warm Tauranga.  There were 15 people in my wool felt applique class on Saturday, and 17 in my big stitch hand quilting class on Sunday.  


We had a great time and everyone learnt new skills. Belinda from Stitch Makers in Greerton was there with a stand filled with Wonderfil threads and wool felt.  I think everyone found an excuse to buy something.  I stocked up on wool felt because the bright pink is hard to come by. 



When I mentioned using stencils for hand quilting designs they pulled out a huge pile from the library cupboard.  


I was fortunate to be hosted at an avocado orchard - and the harvest occurred the very weekend I was there.  These big bins are ready to be taken for packing and export now.  




And then, when the classes were over I had a brief stop at Mt Manganui before I had to go to the airport and fly home.  Nothing says summer like the white sand and surf at the Mount. If you've sailed around New Zealand on a cruise ship you will have sailed along this Bay of Plenty coast. 



As a final bonus I got to see a beautiful sunset from the plane.  It made up for the slightly bumpy landing at Wellington.  





Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 



 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have the pattern with the Christmas Tree and the felt applique, I just haven't made it still - I need to do that for next year

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such great eye candy today! Both quilting and scenery!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

How very very lucky those ladies were to have you as a teacher! I'm envious. Lovely photos.

Bonnie said...

Your wool work is gorgeous. I've been playing with it somewhat but mostly making ornaments. The whole trip sounded wonderful.