Friday 6 October 2023

3 years later...

Wow! It appears to be about three years since I last worked on this quilt!!


And it's quite close to being finished.  So today I chose my leaves for the second panel and glue basted them down so I can hand applique them when the mood strikes. 

I did enjoy making the wool felt applique flowers.   








I'm hoping to get this top finished before Christmas and then I can add it to the hand quilting pile because I already have ideas of how I want to quilt it.  And as I mentioned a few weeks ago, our guild is having an exhibition in May 2024 and I want to have some new quilts to enter into that.  

The pattern is Don't Leaf Me by Wendy Williams and I bought my pattern from Material Obsession in Sydney, Australia. 

Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.  



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is beautiful! Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is wonderful applique - I hope you finish this piece - I have several projects that have set aside for years now that I need to look and decide finish or toss.

Deb said...

Love that older ufo , each circle is so unique. I am not a big hand Stitcher so I really appreciate when someone else has the patience. Happy Stitching!