Friday 3 November 2023

Progress

Well, I finally feel that I'm making some progress with my quilting.

Don't Leaf Me - pattern by Wendy Williams



I finished the applique on the second panel of Don't Leaf Me and joined it all up.  It was great to open the box and have the centre panel already pieced and waiting for me. I took it in to Busy Bee Quilt Shop to be basted on the long arm so I can hand quilt it during January and February.  

While I was there I picked up a quilt that I've had custom quilted by Sue B at Busy Bee Quilt Shop.  I walked out of the shop very happy because were really pleased with how it had turned out, and I am too.  I'm going to get the binding on as soon as possible and take it to Capital Quilters final guild meeting of the year on 25 November.  I'll post photos on my blog before the end of the month. 



I've only got 8 more blocks to hand quilt on my Spooky Darlings Halloween quilt and I'm not going to put it away until it's done. It's my top priority at the moment.

I hope to get quite a bit of it quilted this weekend because I've decided to skip the Auckland Festival of Quilts this year.  I've been away a lot this year and I've got one more trip yet before the year is over.  



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a great looking pattern love the mix of fabric in it.

Marie said...

Beautiful! This will be fun to quilt. I've also started getting my longarmer to baste quilts for hand quilting and I love how great it works.

chrisknits said...

Your work is always so amazing!! A lovely top.

Mystic Quilter said...

Don't Leaf Me is amazing!

Quilting Gail said...

Oh, your "leaf' quilt looks absolutely gorgeous!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Wendy, I hope that you were able to take advantage of this weekend to keep quilting! Your Halloween quilt is looking great!