Friday 23 December 2022

2022 Christmas Countdown - Oh! Christmas Tree

 Day 23 of my Christmas Countdown and it's my "Oh! Christmas Tree" quilt designed by Wendy Williams.  



I love that this quilt represent Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere.  We still like the snowy images on Christmas cards, but we know Christmas is the start of our summer holidays and it's going to be hot.  Many people have a BBQ for Christmas lunch and eat it outside, before taking a dip in the pool (if they're lucky enough to have a pool in their back yard).  



I loved choosing all the bright colours for this quilt, and then doing all the hand applique and hand quilting. 



You can read all about this quilt, including where to buy the pattern, here on my blog

Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  How's your Christmas decorating coming along? Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love this quilt! It's so nice to think of people grilling around the pool then eating their Christmas dinner at a picnic table. Enjoy your summer, happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have this pattern and hope to make it this coming year - yours is beautiful

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love the idea of Christmas in the summer. It’s a total mess here in the States due to bad weather. People traveling to see their families are stuck in airports with their flights cancelled.