Tuesday 13 December 2022

2022 Christmas Countdown - Holiday Patchwork Forest

 Day 13 of my Christmas Countdown and it's my Holiday Patchwork Forest quilt. 


This quilt still makes me smile because it started out as just a few test blocks from scraps in my stash.  I didn't have an overall colour plan before I started, but I really like how it's turned out.  


I did some basic machine quilting on it, but then accentuated the trees with hand quilting. Both Kaffe Fassett borders were from my stash, and the thin red strip border adds a finishing Christmas touch. 




It's another small lap type quilt that I can drape over a chair or table at Christmas.  

I used a pattern from Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter.  She has a lot of Christmas quilt patterns on her blog.   

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very cute winter quilt, it doesn't shout Christmas so you can leave it out all 'summer?" Happy stitching!

Linda said...

What a pretty little quilt! I really like the color combinations!

Linda said...

What a pretty little quilt! I really like the color combinations!