Friday 28 August 2020

Octopus Tote

How cool is my new tote?





I just had to make a bag from the wonderful new Octopus fabric designed by Brandon Mably for Kaffe Fassett Collective.  

I wanted the lining to be from Kaffe Fassett fabrics too, and I was considering using the two fat quarters of black and white Onion Rings that I've got in my stash.  But I've got other plans for them, so I bought Good Vibrations in black in white (on the left above).  But then I thought it might be hard to find "stuff" in the bottom of the bag, so I checked my stash again, and found Labels and Creased in black and white.  

I chose Labels (centre), and I think it works well with the Octopus on the exterior.  


I used a very simple pattern for this bag and make it all in one day.  I love byAnnie's patterns, but I didn't need fancy zips and things on a simple tote.  Instead I modified this tutorial by my friend Adrianne. 

http://www.onthewindyside.co.nz/2014/09/tote-bag-tutorial.html

I still used Annie's Soft and Stable in my bag, because who wants a tote that flops over when you put it down?

So now I have a great tote bag to take when I go out.  I'm really happy with it.





Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  What have you been up to this week?  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Hubblebird said...

Hi Wendy. Love the tote. I might have to check out Annie's Soft and Stable for the baby pouch I want to make. Hadn't thought of it being too soft.

Marly said...

I love that Octopus fabric, and your bag, too, of course!
Going back to the problem I had linking up last week, I don't know what you did, but you'll be glad to know the procedure is back to normal now.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love your bag! I knew you'd do something special with the octopus fabric. Happy stitching!

Kiwiquilter said...

That is one cool bag!!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

What fun fabric for your tote. I like Annie's Patterns too. I used to test bags for her. You know I am a bag lady, so I love all kinds of bags, lol! Enjoy using your new tote Wendy.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Fun tote!!! Our LQS just got that octopus fabric in yesterday, and it is super crazy fun!

Susan said...

Great looking tote, especially in that fun fabric!

Naush said...

In love with your tote ! Its so cute :)
Naush

dq said...

Thanks for the link to the tutorial you modified! Bags are just so wonderful to have a lot of. I have a few I have been wanting to make.

Have a great week!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your octopus tote is fabulous, Wendy! Great job!