Friday 14 August 2020

New Kaffe fabrics

One of my local quilt shops, Busy Bee Quilt Shop, posted a photo of the new Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics on their Instagram feed yesterday.  




With a bit of uncertainty in the air here in New Zealand, I decided that I needed to race our there this morning and buy some.  Just in case.  These are the ones I bought from the new collection. 







They hadn't even put the fabric onto bolts yet, but the lovely staff never mind cutting fabric for customers.  




I also bought a few from previous collections because I like these ones too:


Free Spirit Fabrics are holding a competition called #sayyestoKaffecollective and I might just have time to make something for the competition.  You can read about it here.  You need to use a pattern from Quilts in Burano, but you can use any Kaffe fabrics.  



So that's me! With lots of exciting new fabrics.  What have you been up to this week? Feel free to share a recent blog post below in the Peacock Party.

 










You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Julie said...

I had plans to visit Ribbon Rose this weekend, guess I'll be waiting a couple of weeks now. Love the green leaved fabric.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love the new fabrics! It's been so long since I was in a store with Kaffe fabrics, love them all! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope the virus won't get bad there and understand your need to head to the store!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Be still my heart - those colors! My copy of the book arrived last week and I have several yards of his new line on pre-order. His fabrics almost always make me happy -- so saturated and bright. My shopping is all online (aside from a month trek to the grocery store early in the morning). Virus is raging here so we stay home as much as possible. Take care and have fun fondling those beautiful fabrics!

Celine said...

Beautiful fabric, they'd be perfect to brighten face masks!

KerryW said...

I really love the bright Kaffe fabrics....I find them very inspiring! The Octopus fabric is quite a stray from his usual bright colours/designs. Do you have something in mind to use it? Looking forward to seeing your quilt for the Kaffe challenge. Cheers from Western Australia.

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy, I enjoy looking at your wonderful quilts. Can you tell me if the quilt show is on next weekend please, thank you, sandy

cityquilter grace said...

oooh i love them all!!!! and that octopus print? got my name on it for sure...

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely selection of fabric to add to your stash Wendy, I am still trying to decide which to go with, this collections is quite luscious.
Did you actually buy the book? If so are there many new patterns included or older ones made up again in different fabrics?