Friday 10 November 2023

Pretty!

I've just picked up this quilt from my long arm quilter at Busy Bee Quilt Shop and I love it.

I don't want to post a photo of the whole quilt yet because I'm going to put the binding on this weekend and it will be worth the wait.



Tilda meets Tula


I didn't set out to make a pretty pink quilt, but now that I have I'm really happy with it.   

You may remember that a few weeks ago I started puddling around with some pretty Tilda fabrics.  I rushed in to making a foundation paper pieced pattern, but then I started to doubt myself - even though my blog followers expressed great confidence in me to turn it into something good.    


At our guild meeting someone held up a lovely pinwheel quilt and I thought, "That's an idea - I could make some pinwheel blocks to break it up". So I started to make pinwheel blocks, but then I decided that I liked the pinwheels better than original idea so now I have a pinwheel quilt. And there's minimal Tilda fabrics in it because they are still in the blocks that I don't like any more.  I only bought fat quarters so I'll have to rescue some of the fabric soon because I really do like the Tilda. 

Anyway, I'm going to put the binding on this quilt this weekend and take photos of it along with two (yes two!!) other quilts that I'm in the process of finishing this weekend.  After months of not a lot of action I'm now going to finish three quilts in November.  




Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.  



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

I'm thrilled with the colors in that teaser photo. Boy, do I know the feeling of starting on something and then gulping. Switching gears in the middle is a brave step and so worth it. Can't wait to see the rest of the quilt....and the other two as well. Congratulations.