Friday 29 September 2023

Puddling around

When I got home from Tekapo I had a sudden desire to sit at my sewing machine and just sew.  


I bought some lovely Tilda fabrics at Fairlie on the way to Tekapo, so I cut into them before they could even make it into my stash. 

Now I'm not sure if I even like where this is heading.  




I thought I could be spontaneous and just put random blocks together like in the book, but I much prefer it when I place them carefully.  I've even considered adding sashing to this to separate the blocks, but I'm not sure how to progress yet.  I guess the answer is to make more blocks and see where it leads me. 

I'm foundation paper piecing these blocks to stop the triangles stretching.  



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

suesinger said...

They are really pretty, but have you thought about adding some solids or Tilda dots?
Can hardly wait to see more blocks

Mystic Quilter said...

I've enjoyed seeing this book cover for Alchemy come up in quite a few posts and thought about buying a copy. I actually love the business of the fabrics you're working with, Tilda is always a good one, I have quite a number in my stash. I think I may be adding some Hibernation pieces when it hits the shops.

Marie said...

Oh my! Those fabrics are to die for!!! However you proceed I know that it will be spectacular. So much fun playing with fabric that pretty!