Friday 25 August 2023

Liberty

I'm back from the most amazing holiday.  We did a river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, and then spent time in Edinburgh and London.  I loved it all.

While we were in London I had to visit Liberty - even though I don't use a lot of Liberty in my quilts.  





It was hot on the day we visited and the store doesn't have air conditioning.  It's such an old building that we didn't even think to look for a lift, so we hiked up to the top floor to look at the fabrics.  




Fortunately I knew what I was looking for because it was busy and we were hot. I chose this iconic Liberty print, plus a few extras that will have to wait until my birthday in October.








I loved walking in the parks in the centre of London.  The trees are so big and established. And the flower beds were in full bloom.






Thank you to everyone who continued to read my blog and link up to the Peacock Party while I was away.  


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.











You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your vacation sounds amazing! You'll make some beautiful quilts with your new fabrics, happy stitching!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My daughter lived in England for 3 1/2 years and I visited once in 1997. We took a train to London and Liberty was the one store I wanted to go to. What an amazing building and so much variety of merchandise.

Susan said...

No visit to London is ever complete without a visit to Liberty! I really like the fabric you have chosen!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a fun trip and great photos!!! That Liberty building is amazing!

FlourishingPalms said...

What a nice get-away for you! I have to live vicariously, as I'm sure many of us blog-followers do. Thank you for sharing your pictures, and I'm glad you made it to Liberty of London. I don't use Liberty prints in my quilts, though I have a fat quarter bundle in my stash that I won in an Instagram giveaway. I'll never use them. Looks like you found a fun print though! Hope you are getting back into a good routine now, and letting your itching-to-stitch fingers play again.

Celine said...

Liberty is such a special place. Love going there just to browse

Mystic Quilter said...

Pleased you're back safe and sound and I've enjoyed seeing your posts on Instagram of your trip. Lucky you for fitting in a visit to Liberty and I love the iconic fabric, you're going to have fun using this one. Can't understand why they do not have air conditioning.

Barbara Nimmo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.