Friday 4 August 2023

Lady Wigram

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you'll know that our river cruise on the Rhine will be coming to an end shortly. I've taken a little bit of hand piecing with me, but I'm not sure if I'll get any of it done while I'm away.

In the mean time, I'll show you my Lady Wigram quilt that I made for my mother in law.  I hand pieced it using the Bella Ruby templates from Treehouse Textiles in Australia.  You can read all about it here.  



I really had to try hard to keep the palette soft for this one.  I knew my mother in law wouldn't want my usual colour palette in her bedroom. 







Now it’s time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is so beautiful! Have a wonderful on your cruise!

Rebecca Grace said...

So you and I have both been working on quilts for our mothers-in-law! I was nodding my head in agreement at the part about struggling to keep the color palette in the range of what she would like rather than giving in to your own preferences. I kept trying to force myself to put in MORE PINK because it's my MIL's favorite color, and to keep the overall look of the quilt muted and pastel rather than flashy and saturated colors. And yet, now that the top is done, I am not sure I put in enough pink for her! Your hand piecing of those stars is just exquisite; she will treasure this quilt. I hope you're having an amazing vacation and can't wait to hear more about it after you return!

Celine said...

Hope you're enjoying your time in France! Your quilt is amazing.