Friday 18 August 2023

Shuttles

 I'm on my way back to New Zealand today but here's one more blog post prepared in advance.  this is my Shuttles quilt that I made to showcase some of my beautiful Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  You can read all about it here. 



The pattern is the one on the cover of this book. My version looks so different because I chose to us a consistent background fabric - Aboriginal Dot in brown. 



And I hand quilted it with bright yellow Aurifil 12 wt.  



Now it’s time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Gorgeous quilt, bright and happy! Have a safe return back home.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like your consistent background fabric, it really ties the shuttles together. Another beautiful quilt, safe travels home!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love Kaffe's pattern that you made

Robin said...

The yellow border on your quilt is fabulous. It's amazing what the right border can do. I love that you quilted in yellow to emphasize the border. It's just a terrific quilt all around.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely to see your Shuttles pop up this morning, showcases the beauty of Kaffe fabrics perfectly. I have a little sticker on this page in my Quilts in Morocco reminding me to set a time frame for making this one. The single dark triangles work so well, I had earmarked my favourite dark Aboriginal Dot in Orchid, I use this one instead of black. Seems like you've enjoyed your trip from your pics on Instagram.

Marie said...

Just lovely. I used this pattern to make an autumn/Halloween table runner and really enjoyed seeing it come together.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Your hand quilting is so wonderful and precise.

Celine said...

Safe travel! Such beautiful work