Friday 15 September 2023

Summer in Tekapo bag

Last week I showed you the sights of Tekapo.  This week I'll show you what we did at the retreat.  










I taught 14 ladies how to make my Summer in Tekapo tote bag.  We had a great time experimenting with wool felt, Perle 8 threads and ombre fabrics. Everyone's bags are going to look so different because they applied their own artistic flair to the design. 







Tula Pink lining

It was a great weekend with good people and very good food.  And of course the scenery was gorgeous with all the snow on the mountains.  I definitely hope to return to Stitching in Tekapo again. 


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The bags are so cute! It sounds like a wonderful retreat in a wonderful place. Happy stitching!

Mystic Quilter said...

These bags are beautiful! How long was the retreat? Thanks for showing us the sights, I really miss living in Christchurch with a view of the mountains.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh wow those bags are stunning!!

Carolyn said...

I love the bags! The wool makes them so vibrant.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those bags are so neat - wonderful job on them

Melva said...

What brighter and cheery bags. I don't think I could choose a favorite. Thanks for the chance to join your party.