Friday 21 July 2023

Oh! Christmas Tree

Yes, it's true - I've escaped New Zealand and like many other Kiwis and Aussies I'm travelling in Europe right now.  In fact by the time you read this I think I'll be in Amsterdam.  You can follow my travels on Instagram - @wendysquiltsandmore  or Facebook - Wendy Welsh - if you're interested.  

But I know a lot of you look forward to reading a blog post from me each week, and linking up to or following the Peacock Party links, so I've prepared five weeks of blog posts to keep you covered while I'm away.  Each week I'll be featuring one of my favourite quilts that I haven't shown for quite some time.  

First up is my "Oh! Christmas Tree" quilt designed by Wendy Williams.  You can read all about it here. 



I know I say it about a lot of my quilts, but I loved making it.  All the bright colours, the wool felt and the hand stitching were just my thing. 






Just looking at these photos makes me consider making another one in a different colour way.  


Now it’s time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Welcome to The Netherlands and enjoy your visit to Amsterdam!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I've always thought this quilt is so beautiful! Happy vacation!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have a great trip. I love that quilt and have the pattern but I have been lazy and haven't started it yet for one reason or another - I guess I need to get that one ready for next year.

Melva said...

Your felt work is splendid. Enjoy your travels!

Nann said...

The embroidery is beautiful! I'll be sure to tune into your travelog.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Wendy, thanks for keeping the party going while you travel. I hope that you're enjoying yourself. This is one of my favourite quilts - although I think that applies to many of the quilts you make lol!

Mystic Quilter said...

Enjoy your holiday in Europe, nice shots on Instagram this morning, and pity you can't fit one of the vases in your case!!