Friday 14 July 2023

Matariki

 Today we've had a public holiday to celebrate Matariki.


Matariki is the Māori name for the cluster of stars also known as the Pleiades. It rises in midwinter and for many Māori, it heralds the start of a new year. From Te Ara, the Encyclopedia of New Zealand.  

Back in 2018 I made a quilt called Matariki +/- 1.  I entered it into the QuiltNSW Sydney Quilt Show and I won a Judges Commendation for it.  


I don't have this quilt any more because a very kind grandma bought it to go on her grandson's bed when he comes to stay at her house.  I hope he's still loving it now.  

You can read more about my quilt here



Now it’s time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Beautiful quilt, Wendy! I love yellow with blue and stars too! It is definitely an award winner.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those yellow stars

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is beautiful! I know we can't keep every quilt we make but it is so hard to let them go!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is a gorgeous quilt!! I am sure it is being loved and cherished!!!

Allison said...

Thank you for sharing your quilt and the Maori tradition. I really like your subtle use of deep blues and different sized patchwork blocks to give the quilt real depth.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Beautiful quilt and a well deserved ribbon!

Marie said...

LUV!