Friday 15 January 2021

The Great New Zealand Quilt Show in Rotorua, May 2021

Yes, I'm back from our lovely holiday, and I'm enjoying some lazy summer days at home. 

I'm working on my entries for Aotearoa Quilters' Great New Zealand Quilt Show in Rotorua, 14-16 May 2021.  



All entries have to be 100% finished by 15 February.  (Conditions of entry are here.)

Of course I've decided to finish a couple of quilts that have been in my WIP pile for months.  Nothing like a deadline to make me quilt faster!




IF my Ballet with Kaffe Quilt is finished by the deadline, I'll be entering it.  If not, I'll enter something else.  There's no restrictions on when the quilt was finished.  

I've already booked my flights and accommodation for The Great New Zealand Quilt Show in Rotorua, and I'm really forward to it.  I've started my Lime challenge quilt, so at least I'll have one mini quilt hanging even if none of my other entries get accepted.  

The rules mean I can't show you any more than this. 

I don't know if the Quilt NSW Sydney Quilt Show will go ahead in 2021 or not, but I doubt that I'll be able to attend even if it is on.  New Zealand is a long way down the vaccination list, and I'm not paying for 14 days in managed isolation.  We may be free to travel within New Zealand, but our borders have been closed since March 2020.

So I'll make the most of 2021 by supporting our national quilting body and visiting the Great New Zealand Quilt Show in Rotorua.  Hopefully I'll see some of you Kiwi quilters there!

Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Thank you to everyone who continues to link up.  



 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


9 comments:

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

The quilt you are making is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, your eye for color and design is amazing! I love the quilt in your hoop, and can’t wait to see the lime challenge grow. I’m also envious that you have free movement within NZ. While our movement is not overly curtailed by our government (although it should be), we pretty much keep ourselves in lockdown mode.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

I love that lime green colorway and look forward to seeing what you make with it. I hope you are successful in completing the quilting on one (or more) of your quilts in time. I know about the need to have some motivation to get me moving on a project. I'm happy you are able to get to a quilt show within New Zealand.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Kaffe quilt looks so fabulous, Wendy. I hope you do get it done in time! Even thinking of attending a quilt show in person seems like something out of a fairy tale to me now, like I'm just as likely to go riding off in an enchanted pumpkin as I am to attend a live quilt show any time soon. This past year has taught me that if patience is a virtue, then a virtuous woman I am NOT! ;-)

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Your quilt will be just beautiful! I hope you are able to finish by the deadline. I have no blog post this week as all my time is being taken up by a challenge fabric quilt and the reveal is not till late February. Once I get that done I do hope to have more to share.

On the closures I really miss quilt shows so much. I have decided to use my time working on things I love and hope that when things open again for real in person shows I can enter some of my makes. It is a strange time but how we fill that time in our own personal space really determines our wellbeing so I am choosing to just focus on good things in my little space and enjoy each day as it comes and not focus too much on the crazy out there in the rest of the world.

dq said...

Those are yummy yummy green fabrics and certainly the quilt is too! I always love your colors!

PaintedThread said...

That quilt is beautiful! I love the colors and a quilt like that is on my bucket list.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Deadlines certainly can light a fire. Good luck finishing Ballet. It's going to be so so spectacular!

Quayquilter said...

Good luck with your entries - they look fab. No shows yet for us in lockdown UK but we are getting vaccinated. We will really appreciate it when things open up and we can travel and meet.