Friday 29 January 2021

Happy memories

Yummy, yummy threads. 


It's the last weekend in January, and Facebook reminded me that it's three years since I attended a Green Diamonds course with Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably.  I really enjoyed that day at Wellington Girls College, even though it was very hot!!

Kaffe commenting on my plan

I like to challenge myself when I go to courses, so I chose green and red as my colour palette.  You know I love green, but I don't often use red.  


Last year I admitted that I was never going to make Green Diamonds. I'd cut the diamonds in a hurry at the course, and I was struggling to get the points to match.  


So I decided to repurpose my fabrics into something else.  I made a lap quilt / table cloth / hand quilting sampler.  I'm still hand quilting it now using a variety of threads and quilting designs.  



You can probably tell that I'm having fun with this quilt now. 

You can read more about that Green Diamonds course here.  It was a great day and I learnt a lot about colour and pattern. 

Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  What have you been up to this week? Feel free to share a recent blog post below. 






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I always enjoy seeing how you utilize the design of the fabric for your quilting, so pretty! Happy stitching!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

The colours you have choosen are just beautiful! Liz

Cathy said...

Yummy, yummy threads, indeed! I love variegated threads.

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

I do love the way you are quilting this and think it will be a lovely lap quilt when done. Can't wait to see a big photo!

Karen said...

I love seeing your projects, you do such amazing work!

Anonymous said...

Loving this color scheme!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Mystic Quilter said...

A good idea to re-purpose your red and greens, I like the result.

audrey said...

Love how vibrant your quilts are. And so much better to be having fun with our projects too! Good for you going in a different direction and making it yours.:)

Linda said...

I am a great fan of Perle threads, especially the variegated ones. Looking at your photos I particularly like the threads on cardboard tubes. Could you please let me know the brand name? I live in the UK and years ago found something similar but then the shop didn’t stock it anymore and I haven’t seen any since. Thank you. I’m also a great fan of Kaffe Fassett and have had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions, isiting two of his exhibitions and listening to two talks he gave. A real artist.

Tyde Hodge said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.