Monday 13 August 2018

Best Hand Pieced award at Capital Quilters QUILTED Exhibition

Thank you for all the kind comments on my last post.  So many people said lovely things about my quilts over the weekend.  I'm all enthused to start something new now, but I'm also enthused to finish some of my WIPs - which is a very good thing.

The final quilt I won an award for at the Capital Quilters exhibition was la passacaglia.  I won the "Best Hand Pieced" award and was thrilled about that. 



If you'd like to read more about how I made this wonderful pattern by Willyne Hammerstein, you can click on the link at the top of blog (or here) and visit all my previous blog posts.  It is all English Paper Pieced and hand quilted by me!

Some of you will remember it from the QuiltNSW show last year, where I won the Bernina Amateur Encouragement Award. 



Like Vibrant Curiosities, this will be la passacaglia's last outing.  I'm going to enjoy using it, because my quilts are made to be used. 

My friend Debra who designed the layout of the show, put my la passacaglia next to another millefiori quilt, and they looked perfect together.


The Moncarapacho in the centre is one of Willyne Hammerstein's designs from Millefiori Quilts 3. This version was made by Amanda Evans and I just loved it - quite possibly because it's blue and green - my favourite colours.



I will write about how I get my quilts basted by a long armer in my next post. 

7 comments:

dq said...

Your quilt is so stunning! The colors really make it as well as the border print.

I agree that Amanda's quilt is gorgeous as well. I do love blues and they really shine with the purples.

lvkwilt said...

Another well deserved award. I also made a Millie and it was and is my legacy quilt I believe. I love it. Your quilts always insprie me so I'm anxious to see what you do next!

Julie Fukuda said...

There are probably more tiny little pieces in those three lovely quilts than in all the rest of the show. Just amazing!

Julierose said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved ribbon! I agree, quilts are made to be used...enjoy snuggling under it hugs, Julierose

martha said...

I am so looking forward to your next post! Thank you for discussing this! Love all your quilts.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh Wendy, so pleased for you to have your beautiful quilts recognized for the masterpieces they are.

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Congratulations on another well-deserved award. I think quilt shows are always a great inspiration. It is so nice to see your hard work acknowledged and honored.