Friday 14 April 2023

Licorice Allsorts part 2

Easter felt like my own personal quilt retreat just for me.  I got so much sewing done!







I thought it might take me until the end of April to piece all the blocks for the Licorice Allsorts quilt, but I sewed every day over Easter and they're all finished now.  

I revisited Month 3 and remade one of the blocks, but it's not a lot better than the first time around.  I've made a note on the pattern to cut the pieces bigger if I ever make that block again.  


Now I'm sewing the blocks together and thinking about how I'm going to hand quilt it.  I've just ordered a very pretty backing from a local shop and will show you it when it arrives.


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is so pretty, love the fabrics! I'm glad you had a long weekend to sew, you certainly were productive, happy stitching!

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

This quilt is coming along beautifully! And it has such a fun color palette.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So very much enjoy your posts, Wendy. The embroidery on these blocks is spectacular against that black. How unique this design is!

Mystic Quilter said...

Colours are beautiful and your embroidery is amazing, looking forward to seeing how you quilt this one.

Nancy said...

Oh, beautiful! Allsorts is the perfect name for these delightful blocks. The colors are fabulous together!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Licorice Allsorts turned out fabulous, Wendy! Are those shot cottons you've used for the pieced blocks? They simply GLOW!