Friday 27 August 2021

Tea Party quilt

 If you've been following my blog for a while, you might remember this one.  It's appeared on my annual To Do list a number of times, but somehow I've never got round to starting it.  


This is a Wendy Williams Block of the Month from 2016.  I didn't enroll in the programme, but I came across someone else who had, but then decided she would never make the quilt.  So I purchased her unopened packs, and I have had them in my quilt stash for five years.  

I initially thought that I might substitute out some of the fabrics to make my quilt a bit darker (more blues, greens and purples), but as I started to open the packs this week I decided against that idea.  


The fabrics in the packs are amazing - such a range of beautiful fabrics, many that I haven't seen before.  Material Obsession carries lines that we don't see in New Zealand.  



When we went back into lockdown on 18 August, I knew it was time to tackle something challenging. This quilt is challenging because of all the curved piecing.  I intend to machine piece all the blocks first, and then I'll do the wool felt applique later.  


So far I've

- prepared the background for Month 1

- made the borders for Month 2

- made the blocks for the borders in Month 3

- machine pieced the two blocks for Month 9

- made the blocks for the final border in Month 10

So, I'm all over the show, but I'm having fun and that's what counts during lockdown. 


Thank you for all the lovely comments on Mirage and Fireworks.  I've tried to reply to everyone, but some of you are No Reply Bloggers so I can't see your email addresses.  I do appreciate all your kind words thank you.

Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  What have you been up to this week?  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The pattern is beautiful! I can't wait to see how you add your own touches to this lovely quilt, happy stitching!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

A beautiful quilt. How wonderful that you decided to purchase it from someone else. And now that you are started, I love that you are doing the bits that strike your fancy first. It will be interesting to see your progress. Wishing you luck.

Susan said...

Love your fabric choices!

Shirley said...

Yes that’s a great pattern, and what a marvelous fabric you have; I made this quilt using fabric from my stash and some from the shop. Looking forward to see yours growing, have fun! You can see mine at my blog zipzop.nl

sandi s said...

That’s a beautiful pattern! Your fabrics are amazing. Have fun. Hugs,

loulee said...

Ooh! That looks like fun.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh that's going to be so pretty with those fabrics...... Goodluck