Friday 12 June 2020

Catch All Caddy 2.0

I've got another finished bag to share with you.  

This is the Catch All Caddy 2.0 from Patterns by Annie.



I gave my mum the pattern for Christmas and the fabrics for her bag (Land Art by Odile Bailloeul for Free Spirit Fabrics), shown on the left above.  



Then, after just a few days, it dawned on me that she might make one for me too, so I quilted the panels for my bag before mum went home to Auckland.  She took them with her, and when we went to Auckland a couple of weeks ago she presented me with my finished bag. 



This bag has so many pockets!  I'm looking forward to using it when I go to our guild's retreat next weekend.  I think it will be ideal for storing fat quarters, plus rotary cutters, scissors etc.  

My bag is made with beautiful Art Gallery fabrics from the Legendary collection by Pat Bravo.  I bought them at Material Obsession in Sydney last year.  The bright yellow trim is also by Pat Bravo from her Matchmade range. 

Fortunately I had the perfect Aurifil colour for the machine quilting:


  Mum has decided that her Catch All Caddy is very useful for holding her knitting.


So, were both very happy with our matching Catch All Caddies. 



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  What have you been up to this week?  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.  



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love the bags! They look handy for whatever purpose you use them for. Happy stitching!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I love the Catch All Caddy too. I have made 4 of them and gifted one. They are great and yours are beautiful.

Cathy said...

What a nice mom and caddy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think I have that pattern somewhere! I will need to look but then I have another bag to finish that just needs the embellishments added to it - maybe I should finish that up today instead.

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Both are such lovely bags. I love the fabric choices for each. And how nice that Mum would make your bag for you!! Sounds like life in NZ is returning to more normal.

greeneggs said...

I just love those bags. The fabric choices are brilliant!

FlourishingPalms said...

These are both so lovely! I'm a sucker for a well-designed bag, and this Catch All Caddy looks perfect. Your colors are so bright and cheery. But the truth is... the last thing I need is another bag. I'm not going anywhere these days, and likely won't be for several more months. Even then, it will be a long while before a group of us get together for the simple pleasure of chatting and stitching. Our Coronavirus cases here in Florida, are on the rise. Staying home is how I'll be cautious. Hope you have a fantastic time on retreat. We're all envious that you have so much freedom in NZ.

quiltergirl said...

I made the Catch All Caddy but haven’t finished it. My machine won’t go through the layers to stitch the binding. So it is 95 percent complete. When things settle down from the virus II plan to ask a neighbour for help. She makes dog collars and has an industrial machine.

dq said...

I just love Annie's patterns, and I love your bags! You do amazing things with color.

Janice said...

Love the bags. They look so professional. Wish I could go to the quilt show, too.