Friday 23 August 2019

World Quilt Show photos (and the Peacock Party)

Scroll down for the World Quilt Show photos.

Today I'm waiting for the courier to bring my Portraits quilt back from the quilter.  She sent me some photos and it's looking amazing.  This is the back, showing the quilting off very nicely. I'm so glad I bought an Anna Maria Horner print for the back. 



I've got two options for the binding set aside, but I don't want to cut it until I see the quilt again.


Thank you for all your kind comments about the World Quilt Show.  A number of kind Facebook friends said they attended the show and some even sent me photos.  these photos are by Mary Ellen Hughes Orchard.
My quilt was the first one people saw when they went upstairs to the second floor.  I was honoured to have the New Zealand flag hanging beside my quilt.





Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  What have you been up to this week?  Feel free to link up below.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

10 comments:

Kim said...

How exciting to have the New Zealand flying high with your beautiful quilt. 'Tis fabulous there are so many people to see and enjoy all your glorious stitching.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congrats on having your quilt hanging - it is a wonderful quilt

FlourishingPalms said...

Yay for being internationally renown! It's such a happy experience for you, and those who get to see your quilt. As I'm facing a stack of three pin-basted quilts, ready for my domestic machine quilting, I'm feeling a tad envious of you... sending your quilts to a longarm quilter. That's so much faster than do-it-yourself. But, I know that in the end, I'll be glad I took the time. Enjoy selecting binding! I think that's my favorite step in the process because that means I'm close to a finish. And "finished" is the very best feeling!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, congratulations!

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous fabric choice for the backing. Can't wait to see it all done!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Love the peek at your quilt!

Angie in SoCal said...

Congrats on your entry. It looks fab! Look forward to seeing your binding choice.

Turid said...

Your world quilt is fantastic. I wonder if you have to be in a world quilt group, or get fabrics from all over the world. Would like to know more about this project.

Created by Kathi said...

Congrats on getting your quilt back from the quilter... I am glad you have someone you trust for those you don't hand quilt... looks lovely from what you show... hope you have decided on binding by now and are working on that today... thanks for your weekly Peacock Party... you are always up to sooo much fun stuff! I really look forward to linking up each week... Kathi

Marie said...

Portraits looks AMAZING! I can see why you are anxious to get it back home.