Friday 5 July 2019

Marshal Mystery quilt plus the Peacock Party

I've been working on the Marshal mystery quilt this week.  Suddenly I'm overwhelmed with WIPs, so my solution is to pick one and work on it exclusively for a week. 


This is the Marshal mystery quilt by Jen Kingwell, published in QuiltMania magazine.  I picked up the latest issue of the QuiltMania magazine when I was in Sydney, so now I'm making the court house steps blocks. 


I've chosen to foundation paper piece my court house steps blocks to ensure they are accurate.  I designed my own paper piecing template on the computer.


There are a lot of blocks to make, but hopefully I'll be able to finish them next week.

I hope you've all time for a bit of sewing this past week.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.  Thank you for continuing to join in the Peacock Party.

PS - tomorrow I'm going to do a blog post about my six monthly check in against my 2019 quilting priorities.  Stay tuned to see how distracted I have become!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your quilt I did get a digital subscription to the magazine and I'm printing out the pattern and instructions as they come out - I will get started one day but I have too many started right - it is crazy I need to get a couple finishes but never seem in the mood lately

Jayne said...

I think your solution to wrangling WIPS is a good one. Focusing on one for a week should allow you to no longer have so many WIPS!

audrey said...

This is a great looking project! I can see why it pulled you in initially.:)