Friday 12 July 2019

Sashiko update and the Peacock Party

I'm delighted to say that I've finished the stitching on my Sashiko panel.  Now I just need to turn it into a table runner.


I enjoyed stitching this panel.  It was fun and quite easy because the stitching lines were already marked on the fabric. 


I used gold and pink threads so that my panel would match my dining room chairs.  I also swapped the white for cream, because the white was going to be too bright.




This panel is from Indigo Niche in Australia, but there are many companies making these types of panels. 




What's everyone else been up to? I've had a busy week watching Wimbledon tennis and the Cricket World Cup.  Our team is through to the final of the Cricket World Cup and that's very exciting.

Feel free to link up a recent blog post below:


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


15 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

I love your sashiko piece! Thanks for the linky too!!! Kathi

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Beautiful sashiko! I'm just stitching away here this week.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh Wendy! This turned out so beautifully! I can't believe how quickly you seemed to do so much hand stitching. I must say that it looks perfect on your table. The colors are wonderful, and you made a smart decision to switch to cream-colored thread, rather than white. When it's finished and being used on your table, it will certainly be a point of pride.

For the love of geese said...

Beautiful.

maggie fellow said...

how really lovely

Barb Neiwert said...

I love Sashiko, and yours is simply beautiful! A great compliment to your dining table.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Such a lovely piece - it is so serene but yet so colorful with the threads you used - really like this piece

Cathy said...

I love the look of sashiko. I have a book on it and the needles but never gave it a try. I think your piece has inspired me to go find that book and needles.

chrisknits said...

Oh, I am really going to have to try my hand at Sashiko!! Your project is gorgeous!

Quilting Babcia said...

Your sashiko panel is exquisite! I think a premarked panel would be a perfect way to learn sashiko. I'll need to look into them soon.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It looks so wonderful! Will you quilt it?

-Soma

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Your sashiko is beautiful!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

The sashiko turned out great and will make a handsome runner. Nice color choicetoo.

Sue Rostron said...

This is lovely. Sashiko is so simple and eloquent all at once.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Thought I had left a comment. I love your table runner!!!! I have just ordered some fabric from Sylvia Pippen and plan on doing some Sashiko soon! Very beautiful!