Tuesday 18 June 2019

QuiltNSW Quilt Show

Today I'm flying to Sydney for the QuiltNSW Quilt Show.  Exciting!!!! I love seeing all the quilts in the exhibition, meeting my online friends in real life, and shopping at the stalls at the show (and in the bricks and mortar shops in Sydney).


I've got 2 quilts in the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing them hanging in the huge exhibition space. I'm not going to say which quilts I've entered until after the exhibition opens - I like to keep these things a secret.

You can follow along with all the fun and excitement by following QuiltNSW on Instagram or Facebook, or on their website. Photographs of all the winning quilts will be posted on their website.

Or you can follow me on Instagram @wendysquiltsandmore or Facebook (Wendy Welsh) if you don't already.  I'll be posting lots of photos while I'm in Sydney, but unfortunately I can't blog again until I get back home on Sunday.  Blogger doesn't work well on my iPad.

I have very happy memories of this show.  Here I am in 2017 with my la passacaglia quilt which won the top prize for an amateur quilter.  I was completely stunned - both to win the awards and to win a Bernina sewing machine!




And here I am last year in 2018 when I won second prize for a Pieced Quilt Large (Amateur) with Vibrant Curiosities.


And a Judges' Commendation for my Matariki entry in the Southern Stars challenge.



The standard of work at this show is very high, so I don't expect to win another award this year, but of course it would be nice if I did.  All will be revealed on Wednesday afternoon in Sydney, Australia.  Photos of the winning quilts will be posted on the QuiltNSW website.



If you see me at the show be sure to say "Hi".  I'm going to be using my Bowl Me Over bag so if you see it - that will be me. I'll be at the QuiltNSW Activity Centre on Thursday afternoon from 1.00pm - 3.00pm, and then doing white glove duty from 3.00pm - 4.30pm on Thursday.  I hope to see lots of you there.
I'll be sure to report back on all the excitement when I get home.


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Good Luck - have fun

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Congratulations Wendy I look forward to seeing which quilts you have hanging (not in real life I'm afraid).

FlourishingPalms said...

Like you, I know the feeling of winning, so I hope you get to experience that again. As hard as I've tried to make it happen again, I've not had that joy. Never take for granted any win, even an honorable mention. Have a wonderful time! I'll be following you on IG.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Way to go Wendy! Esp. winning the Bernina and having more entries this year. Fingers crossed for you. You do such amazing work.

Sue said...

Got to make it three years in a year!! Good luck Wendy. I'm not going this year, maybe next. I did Melbourne this year instead.

Sue said...

Sorry, should have read three years in a row!!

Susan said...

Oh, those are all so lovely! I'm not surprised you win prizes and ribbons, and I think it's wonderful that you have a Bernina win to remind you and make it even easier!