|Was this on my list for 2015? NO.|
To help me remember what I wanted to achieve in 2015, I wrote two lists - one for quilting and one for embroidery. I know it's not the end of the quarter, or the six month mark, but I feel I need to assess where I'm up to on those lists. At the moment I feel thinly spread across many projects, and not finishing anything. Earlier this week I started to think that I might not even make a serious dent in the lists in 2015 and might have to carry them into 2016!
So here's what I wrote on my quilting list back in December 2014:
1. Your Place or Mine. I've finished the top - just waiting for the machine quilter to return from holiday.
2. Halloween mini - done
3. Kaffe Christmas tree - done
4. Mini medallion - done
5. la passacaglia - started and really enjoying it. There's no rush with this one. I always knew it would take time because it's English Paper Pieced, am I'm spending an age chooosing the perfect fabric for each rosette. I'm not alone in that - I'm part of the Millefiori / la passacaglia group on Facebook, and everyone talks about how hard it is to choose the fabrics for this quilt.
6. Stacks of colour - no hand quilting yet, but it is on my Q2 Finish along list, so I'll hopefully start it this quarter.
7. Possum Magic - I'm still keeping up with our Possum Magic round robin. There's just two more quilts for me to work on, and then I'll get my own quilt back in June / July.
8. Women of the Bible - it's still progressing in fits and starts. I'm up to date with it again now. Here'a photo I took at the weekend. This isn't the final order, I just laid them out for a photo to make myself feel better about it. It's a large project spread over 42 weeks. The shop only release 2 patterns every second week.
9. Wendy Williams Christmas Tree and 10. Folded Star haven't been started yet.
new additions in 2015:
11. Bear paw quilt for Capital Quilters' 30th Anniversary. I'm loving these blocks and could drop everything else and work on these, but I'm being good.
I guess overall I'm not going too badly, and there are still 8 months of the year left. I see lots of tempting patterns and designs everyday, but I'm trying to be strong and resist temptation. I'm thinking about starting my list for 2016 already, starting with the Jen Kingwell pattern in the latest QuiltMania. The magazine hasn't made it to NZ yet, but I've seen photos of the pattern and I love it.
My embroidery list will follow tomorrow - I fear it's in a worse state than my quilting list.
I'm linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday and Crazy Mom Quilts.