|Was this on my list for 2015? NO|
Back in December I wrote a list of things I wanted to work on in 2015. Here's what was on that list:
1. Frost Pumpkin Stitchery Christmas Celebration Sampler - Finished and framed!!
All good stitchers know that it's one thing to finish the stitching, but it's another thing to actually get it framed.
3. Your Place or Mine? - it was on both my quilting and embroidery lists due to the hand sewing involved. The top is finished and will be going to the long arm quilter very soon.
4. Northern Expressions Needlework Celtic Snow - Finished and framed!!! (again)
5. The Victoria Sampler Gingerbread Etui. I've finished one of the four sides.
6. Elizabethean Sweet bag. I got it out, and I put it away again. No progress.
7. The Victoria Sampler Haunted House. I'm about 65% done and it will be finished before the start of October.
8. The Victoria Sampler Needlework Shop. I don't want to start this until I've finished the Etui and the Haunted House.
9. Wool felt applique bag from Flying Fish Kits. Finished and in everyday use. Love it.
10. green Needlelace and 11. purple Needlelace - no action but I have started white needlelace.
12. Heirloom Christmas Tree decoration - no action.
13. Sundry other projects. I did make The Sweetheart Tree Blackberry Heart and it's now a cushion and finished. There are still quite a few others in this category.
New additions in 2015:
14. white Needlelace. You might wonder why I'd start another needlelace when I have two unfinished. This one is a stitch along with my new found Russian friends on Instagram. Daria is providing detailed instructions and photos, and I thought having others stitching the same time would keep me motivated.
|This is what I'm aiming to make|
15. Peacock tapestry cushion. This was a Christmas gift that I chose for myself. I'm desperate to start, but must progress some of the things above first.
16. Crochet. It's not really embroidery, but it's not quilting either. I've already finished my ripple blanket, and am now working on a hexagon blanket, which won't be anywhere near as big as the ripple blanket.
So, time to stop talking and time to get stitching. I guess the situation isn't quite as bad as I thought. I have finished a few things, and there's still plenty of time to finish more in 2015.