Friday 26 July 2024

Crazy Cutting Corners

I'm back! 

I haven't been away, but I've been super busy with work, cricket admin and quilt guild admin.  I've hardly had any time for sewing lately, but I decided to fix that this week and I finally made time to pick up my rotary cutter.  


I'd been thinking about using some of my Kaffe Fassett stripes so I browsed through some of my older Kaffe books and came upon this pattern from Kaffe Quilts Again (2012):


I only had the Marquee fabric in the lighter shades so mine looked like this:

random


some diamonds forming


Diamonds!



and even more diamonds


I'm going to add a pieced border, but I don't have much of the Marquee stripe left so I'll have to use something else.  I'll be sure to post another photo when I've got the top together.  

 





3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is really pretty, a wonderful quilt! My favorite arrangement is the last pictures. Happy stitching!

Mystic Quilter said...

Very effective use of the Marquee fabric, I have some tucked away somewhere, I think in two colourways.

Rebecca Grace said...

What a fun way to use those great stripes!