Friday 24 May 2024

Tea Party part 6

Wow! It's been two and a half years since I worked on this quilt! But I'm going on holiday soon and I need some hand stitching to take with me. 



My quilt.


The full finished quilt designed by Wendy Williams



I have 4 tea cup blocks and 4 coffee cup blocks all prepped and just waiting for me to applique the flowers on.



So this week I've been cutting circle motifs out of fabrics and appliquing them to the wool felt in the evenings. I'm just building up a collection at the moment and will decide which flowers to put on each block when I have a good range to choose from. 



This pattern includes some reverse applique wool felt stars and they are fun to make.  I'm tacking the underlying fabric into place before I attach them to the background. 


Hopefully I can get at least 3 blocks ready to take with me to sunny Noosa. 

You can read my previous blog post about the Tea Party quilt here

You can find the pattern here at Material ObsessionOr the full kit here


3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

These blocks will be perfect to take along on vacation. Enjoy your time away and, of course, happy stitching!

karenbbsnow said...

This is so whimsical, LOVE it!!

How does the felt hold up when the quilt eventually ends up in the laundry?

Enjoy your holiday.

dq said...

Oh my goodness! I love everything you do, but this quilt is just WOW!!! I must make one, I MUST!