Friday 3 May 2024

Capital Quilters Exhibition 11-12 May 2024

It's only one week until our exhibition!!!


It's going to be great because we have some very talented members at Capital Quilters.  I've entered seven quilts.  Yes, SEVEN. 

One is a 12" x 16" challenge, so that hardly counts.

Two you've possibly seen finished here on my blog or in person.

Two others you would have seen progress photos of, but not seen them finished.

And the final two are total surprises!! These are quilts that I've completed without showing them on social media at all.  Not even my friends know about them.  And I'm not going to give any clues now.


Centre - My Vibrant Curiosities. Best in Show at our 2018 Exhibition.


Right - my La Passacaglia 

I love walking around our exhibition and trying to guess who made the quilts before I read the tags.  People do have individual styles and I enjoy matching people to their quilts.  

If you live close to Wellington, please do consider coming.  Bring your mum for Mother's Day.  Or ask your kids to take you as a treat.  

The Lower Hutt Events Centre is a lovely modern facility with an on site cafe and we're going to have five merchants too.  

I can't wait!

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The show sounds wonderful, have a great time. I can't wait to see your surprise quilts when you show us next week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilts are lovely - always love going to a good show and look at the quilts

PaintedThread said...

Seven quilts! I love your La Passacaglia. I can't wait to see more photos.

Ali Honey said...

I hope it goes well and Good luck with your entries.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sounds like it will be a fabulous show.