Friday 5 April 2024

My Easter break in Tekapo

At Easter I went to Tekapo in the middle of the South Island of New Zealand.  The mountains and lakes are amazing there and the weather was beautiful.  The place we stayed at had great views and a big deck off the lounge.  


I took some quilting along because our Capital Quilters exhibtion is fast approaching and I'm not ready!! I still have two quilts in progress and this is one of them.  It's the Trip Around the World that I started in January.  You can read more about it here.  


It's quite a bit colder in the South Island than the North Island and the trees were already starting to change colour for autumn.  






We went to Aoraki/Mt Cook while we were in Tekapo.  Mt Cook is New Zealand's tallest mountain. 



We walked to the first swing bridge on the Hooker Valley Track, but everyone else had the same idea and it was very busy!






Lake Pukaki looked gorgeous on such a brilliant day. That's Mt Cook at the top of Lake Pukaki.




So that was Easter 2024 for me.  I'm now quilting every spare minute to get my quilts ready for the exhibition.  I'll have lots to share after that. 




5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

What a wonderful vacation spot! Happy stitching on your quilts!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such a pretty area it seems like that was an excellent time to visit even with so many people around

PaintedThread said...

What a beautiful spot!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. Good luck meeting your quilting deadline.

O'Quilts said...

wow...stunning xo