Friday 25 November 2022

Tutors' Exhibition at Symposium

Each of the tutors at Symposium were invited to bring a quilt for the Tutors' Exhibition.  

Collectively the quilts formed a wonderful display in the school library.  I visited the Tutors' Exhibition quite a few times and enjoyed studying the quilts up close.  


My favourite was "Looking Up" by Wendy Williams from Australia.  I took a lot of photos because I wanted to remember:

- the range of stitches Wendy used on the wool felt applique

- the number of different fabrics Wendy used in the quilt (it was made during lockdown so Wendy had to use what she had on hand)

- the number of different blocks in the quilt - quite incredible

- the amazing custom quilting by award winning quilter Katherine Jones from Tasmania, Australia.  

Enough talk though, here are my photos:










I love so many things about this quilt.  I've vowed not to do any more block of the months in 2023, but maybe I could buy the pattern and make it from my own satsh one day.


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love Wendy Williams work - I only have one of her books but would love that pattern and the kit but would settle for the pattern.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I always enjoy seeing the lovely gingerbread village in your header. This quilt is magnificent! Wendy certainly had a stash of lovely fabrics and the quilting is excellent!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Wendy. it's not a block of the month is you do it on your own time! I think that you should totally make this :-)

dq said...

Wendy, I can see why you took so many photos. I LOVE this quilt. The colors are different from what I normally love, but man, I would use the same colors as this!

Nana Sue said...

That is an amazing quilt…..I love all the different blocks, stitching….all special touches!

Mystic Quilter said...

A truly amazing quilt! I love all the detail and the colour and would to love to make one like this but would pass on the applique. Thank you so much to treating us to the close ups of elements in the quilt.

Julie said...

Wow, what a stunning quilt, I would have been taking numerous photos too. Lets add that pattern to my "make one day' list too.