Friday 18 November 2022

A Little Christmas Quilt

I hadn't planned to start anything new before Christmas, but when I was pulling out Christmas quilts to  show Wellington Quilters last week, I realised that I could do with a couple more small Christmas quilts to use as table runners.

So I checked what I had in my stash and found these fabrics: 


They're not all especially "Christmas" but they are red and green and that says Christmas to me.  

Surprisingly I settled on a pattern quite quickly, and was cutting and piecing within an hour of pulling the fabrics.  


I made as many blocks as I could out of the fabrics I had available, and then I joined them into three rows.  Next I put on the borders, and now I've even basted it all by myself! 

I'm going to try to machine quilting this one with my walking foot.  It won't be anything too fancy, but it will hold all 3 layers together. 



The pattern is Watling Street from Sheila Christensen's Quilts with an Angle book. The cutting out was a bit tricky, but the piecing is straight forward if you're comfortable with 60 degree triangles.  






Now I just have to make sure that it's finished before Christmas and I'm not sewing binding down on Christmas Eve.  



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below:











You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such a fun project for the holidays!

Allison said...

Your Christmas project is looking good Wendy. I have the same book but have yet to attempt one of the patterns!

Michelle said...

It’s funny how that happens! Another beauty, Wendy! Very festive. This pattern would look great in any number of color schemes.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Not just a little quilt but a beautiful quilt, Wendy. I love the fabrics you've chosen for your version. Very interesting book.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I adore Christmas quilts and this one is a fabulous one. Thank you for hosting the link party . Have a great weekend.

Robin said...

This turned out great! Fun to make something so cute so fast. Just satisfying sewing at it's best.

Mystic Quilter said...

A true Christmas feel to this little quilt, very nice.