Friday 3 June 2022

Licorice Allsorts

Material Obsession in Sydney, Australia sent out the last package for the Wendy Williams Licorice Allsorts Block of the Month last week.  

 


So naturally I decided it was time that I actually started stitching this quilt before the next round of Block of the Months get released in July.  

Don't get me wrong - I love this quilt, and I'm very keen to make it, but I just had too many other things on the go at once.  Even I have a limit of how many things I can juggle at the same time. 



I love that this quilt combines hand embroidery with quilting.  Each month there was a motif to embroider, and some blocks to piece on the machine.  It's taken me 3 evenings to embroider the first month's motifs, so I imagine I can do the hand embroidery quite quickly, but some of the machine piecing looks a bit tricky, and I will have to be very careful with the cutting out.  I may even make some test blocks!!

I decided that I needed a new project bag to store my blocks for this quilt in, so I whipped this one up using a very interesting fat quarter I bought at Stitch Witches in Dunedin. 




It's got Soft and Stable in it so it will keep my blocks nice and flat.  Each time I make a bag I try to use a different quilting design, so this time I did a variation of a equilateral triangle design in Jacquie Gering's book, Walk 2.0.  


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The embroidered blocks is beautiful! I hope you are able to enjoy piecing this quilt, happy stitching!

Marie said...

Such a great name for a quilt! Looks like you are enjoying it.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a pretty quilt, great combo of embroidery and patchwork, and I totally remember having licorice allsorts as a child!

dutchcomfort said...

Wendy William's quilts ar always so fun and beauteful! Enjoy your stichting!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I love this quilt...so stunning with all the colors. Using all
the black made it really pop. And the bags are really
cute. Have a great day!