Friday 16 July 2021

Happy Birthday

 My youngest son turned 21 this week and I finished his Topsy quilt just in time.




I haven't been able to get outside for proper photos yet, but I took some quick photos when we tried it on his bed yesterday. 





It's the biggest quilt that I've ever made, so I had it custom quilted by my friend Rayna Clinton from Tui Song Quilting in Wellington, New Zealand. We chose the pattern together and I'm really pleased with it.  It's called Snakes Hexagons by Sharon Perry.



I put the wide back Onion Rings by Brandon Mably on the back and I love that too. 



I used the queen size Topsy pattern and used some of my fat quarters, but I added more blocks so the quilt is 100" wide, and almost reaches the floor on a queen sized bed.  All will be clear when we get outside for some photos. I promise to do another post with better photos.


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  What have you been up to this week? Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 





  


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

17 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt looks very nice, I'm sure your son is thrilled! Hope the weather clears up soon so you can get some outside photos, happy stitching!

Cathy said...

I don't need better photos to know that is a gorgeous quilt. My youngest turned 37 on July 4. Time flies!

Vicki in MN said...

Oh Wendy, that is just stunning!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like that quilt and the quilting really does well with the pattern

Pam Dempsey said...

So beautiful :)

piecefulwendy said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Your choice of fabrics is fantastic, and I love that backing fabric! What a great pattern!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Every time I see this quilt on your blog or IG I just love it. It's such a great design and the colors you've chosen are wonderful. It looks perfect in his room. I really don't need another project added to my list but this one is in the running for future consideration.

Kris said...

oh gosh I love that!

JIll Scott said...

Wow. This quilt is wonderful and the colours just jump out.Love it.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Birthday to your son. Boy do they grow up way too fast. Love your quilt it is so beautiful in such vibrant colors. Thank you for hosting the link party and have a great weekend , Wendy

Turid said...

What a fantastic quit for a young man. Happy birthday to your son.

Carol Andrews said...

Happy Birthday to your son. What a perfect way to celebrate a special day with a beautiful quilt.

Unknown said...

It's so pretty and modern looking!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the fabrics and the design.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
دارلفیحا نقل اثاث said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

It looks so good in his room, with the rich blue walls. Love that onion layers backing fabric, too!