Thursday 25 April 2019

Anna Maria Horner's Conservatory - Chapter 2

A few weeks ago I received a lovely message from Anna Maria Horner asking if I'd like to make a quilt to help promote her newest fabric line - Conservatory Chapter 2.

Of course I said "Yes please".  In fact I was in so much of a rush to say yes, I didn't even open the attachment to see what she would like me to make.


When I did remember about the attachment, I opened it to see a photo of this wonderful Portraits Quilt. I had to quickly send a second email back to gush about the beauty of the quilt, and how it would suit me perfectly.  Anna Maria said that she chose this pattern for me because she thought it would fit my style! How good is that!


The fabrics arrived yesterday and I had fun opening the parcel and studying each fabric in depth.  If you're on Instagram you can see my live unboxing in my stories - it will still be up for a few more hours yet. If you're on a computer you can click this link and then click on my profile photo to see some videos. https://www.instagram.com/wendysquiltsandmore/



Anna Maria Horner has joined forces with two other designers to create Chapter 2 of Conservatory.  The three fabric lines are:
Second Nature by Anna Maria Horner
Long Distance by  Courtenay Cerutti.
Souvenir by Nathalie Lete

You can read more about the designers and their collections on the Free Spirit website.
The Portrait Quilts that I will be making ties together all three of the collections.


The Chapter 2 fabrics from the Conservatory line will be arriving in shops in USA in May.  Those of us in far flung places will have to wait a few more months, but Free Spirit certainly aim to have them in shops in New Zealand before Anna Maria Horner arrives for her tour of NZ in November.

If you're close to a quilt shop hosting a lecture or class with Anna Maria Horner I strongly recommend that you go.  You might not have made anything from her fabrics to date, but Anna Maria is first and foremost an artist, and that shines through in her use of pattern and colour.  Her lectures and classes are sure to be inspiring.

Here's a list of where Anna Maria Horner will be teaching in NZ.

Hosted by Fabco, Anna Maria will be teaching and lecturing around New Zealand for the first time. Contact the following shops to book your time with her!
November 19-20 - All Things Patchwork, Auckland
November 21- Cottage Flair, Rotorua
November 22-23- Donna’s Quilt Studio, Hamilton
November 25-26- Busy Bee, Wellington
November 27-28- Quilter’s Lane, Masterton
November 29-30- Quilting Shed, Oamaru










4 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

How Exciting for you Wendy!!! I am so happy you were picked to make such a fun quilt too! Kathi

cityquilter grace said...

lucky you wendy....what an opportunity! gorgeous fabrics...

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

What a thrill to have the opportunity to sew this beautiful quilt with such great looking fabric. Congratulations.

Julie said...

Wow, what an honour, exciting yet a little scary at the same time. Have fun playing with all that beautiful fabric.