Friday 22 February 2019

Peacock Party - and a trip to Auckland

Yes, it's true! I'm never at home.  That's what it feels like at the moment.  And my summer travels aren't over yet because I'm going away in March too.

Last weekend I went to Auckland for 4 nights.  I had some work things to do, and some family things too.  It was very hot, so I was thankful for the car's air conditioning as I raced all over Auckland.

Here's a few photos from my time in Auckland - first the city sights, then mum's quilting, and then mum's garden.

The Sky Tower


Chinese New Year lanterns inside Sky City

Auckland Harbour Bridge on a gloomy day

Mum's Lucy Boston blocks - look at her fussy cutting!


Mum's Mischief quilt - made from a pattern by Karen Tripp

Excuse the bald patches on the lawn - it's been very dry.

One of the lush green areas in mum's garden






Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  On the plane back from Auckland I sat next to a lady who had just arrived in NZ from Vancouver.  She was saying how much snow she'd left behind.  I resisted telling her I knew all about it via my blogging friends! So feel free to update us only what you've been up to this week - shoveling snow? or trying to keep cool?



Inlinkz Link Party


15 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

A beautifulcity, and your Mum's Lucy Boston blocks are stunning!

Elaine said...

I love your Mum's Mischief Quilt - Beautiful fussy cutting :)

Turid said...

I love all the flowers popping up on blogs just now. Have a nice holiday!

Julie Fukuda said...

Those Lucy Boston blocks just beg for fussy cutting, and because they are hexagons, one doesn't have to worry about the direction of the grain of the fabric. You made the best of that trip. Nice pictures.

Cathy said...

Oh, your mum does gorgeous work! I'd love to be sitting in her garden right now because my flower garden is covered with lots and lots of snow with more to come.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have the top and bottom border to add to my Good Fortune quilt and then it will be done - 103 inches square - it is raining so much here - I would rather either have snow so it is pretty or sun like you have

Quilting Babcia said...

Your mum's quilts are gorgeous! It's so good to see flowers blooming, even if it is half a world away! Gives us something to look forward to in just a few months.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

All those photos are gorgeous! The scenery and the quilts!

Terry said...

Love your photos and your Mum's beautiful sewing. She has a great eye for colour - can see where you get it from...

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your Mum is a great quilter too. Love the fussy cutting on Lucy Boston.

audrey said...

Both lovely, lovely work! Love the fabrics used!

Created by Kathi said...

Your Lucy Boston blocks are PHENOMENAL... as is your photography of Auckland... I love reading your blog and linking up too !!!
Kathi

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your Lucy Boston is beautiful!

Marly said...

Your mother's garden is my idea of the perfect garden - full of plants, so many that they are competing for space and keeping the weeds out! All that lush green is wonderful. The rest of Aukland looks fascinating too and your mother's quilt is as good as her garden,

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh my, but your pictures are glorious, Wendy! Every photo looks so clear and crisp. Your EPP project looks formidable, but I'm sure it's a great take-along. When I went to QuiltCon in Nashville, Tennessee last week, I had every intention of doing handwork. Ha! I was way too caught up in making people connections and seeing gorgeous modern quilts. It was an intensely exciting experience. And now I'm glad to be home again, even if I did bring home a cold. :-(