Wednesday 12 December 2018

Good Fortune - Part 3

It's week 3 of Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune mystery quilt and we're making green chevrons.  I'm not as far along as I was on the previous two clues, but that's OK, because it's a very busy time of the year and I always knew I might not be able to keep up.   


This week we made chevrons (and some bonus HSTs from the off cuts).  I'm certainly learning some new tips and tricks from Bonnie's instructions.  She has provided instructions for multiple ways to make each of the clues released to date.  I like that! We can each choose the method that works for us, but also learn that there are different ways to get the same result.


I do admire the people who have changed up the colours, but my brain just can't cope with that at this time of the year.  I don't want to see Bonnie using red and have to remember that I'm doing green for those sections, and when I see her using green, remember I'm doing blue there.  Maybe in the future, but not this time thank you.

I see all the snow at Bonnie's cabin, and am very grateful that we're going into summer in New Zealand.  Here are some beautiful hydrangeas I've seen in my neighbourhood this week.





and some fairy roses too:



I'm linking up to Bonnie's linky party here where you can see all the chevrons other people have made.

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You're doing a great job on the blocks - such wonderful colors. I would have a hard time changing up the colors too, unless it was a subtle change, like a different warm color or a different background. Thank you for sharing your spring with us.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have a collection of lovely bright greens Wendy, it's going to be interesting to see the results from all taking part in the mystery.

Stitchin At Home said...

Love all the greens. You're did a great job on them.

Sue said...

I'm saving the instructions, as I don't have time at the moment. I, like you Wendy, with be going with Bonnies colours...dont need to think about it!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful flowers and congratulations on finishing clue 3. I hope to finish up tomorrow