Wednesday 4 April 2018

AQC - Australasian Quilt Convention

Tomorrow I fly to Melbourne for the Australasian Quilt Convention.


I've enrolled in two classes:

Friday - Ballet with Kaffe Fassett by Willyne Hammerstein.   Yes, I already know how to make this quilt, but I really want to meet Willyne and see her quilts in person.  I also want to study her hand piecing technique so I can eventually move away from English Paper Piecing.

Saturday - Jolly Jumpers with Gillian Travis.  I've admired Gillian's work since I saw photos of her Jolly Jumpers quilt at the UK Festival of Quilts a few years ago.  I even own a copy of her Nordic Journeys in Stitch book, but it's always easier to start something new with a teacher on hand.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the quilts on display, including the Best of QuiltCon. There might even be time for some shopping at the show too.

I'll be at the gala dinner on Saturday night, so if you're there, and see me looking lost, please say "Hello".

No comments: